Lighthouse Move

Lighthouse Move

The first move of the East Point Lighthouse occurred in the summer of 1885. It was done on weighs (used to move ships) with capstan and horses by Bernard Creamer in response to the wreck of the HMS Phoenix. The navigational charts had the lighthouse on the tip of “The Point” when in fact the lighthouse was 1/2 mile inland.

Picture of Bernard Creamer:
Bernard_Creamer[1]